Friday 18 March 2011

Restoration Students




Here are my lovely day students who are doing apprenticeships at restoration companies in London. Poor things they were stuck with me all day doing the worst kind of gilding - the prep. It's essential that apprentice gilders learn how to do it well, but usually they get very bored. Amazingly both of them said they loved it, either they are both incredibly polite or one day they will be much better gilders than I could ever hope to be.

If you are a student of restoration at a college or if you are doing an apprenticeship and want to do a day with me, feel free to get in touch. I know how hard it was myself to get into the business so I'm willing to offer gilding students a bit of experience now and again. I'm busy and the work is what it is - hard and mostly you'll be doing the basics, but if that doesn't put you off, do contact me.